TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - mine never cracked...
People Seeking Info

Subject mine never cracked...

Posted by dbotos on October 07, 2004 at 2:17 PM
  This message has been viewed 354 times.

In Reply To dbotos brought this up about a year ago. posted by Nissan of Wichita on October 07, 2004 at 01:17 PM

Message But I never had them on for that long. I had just seen / heard about a few instances of it. Basically, it's a kinematic problem and the ES bushings don't provide enough of a second degree of freedom:

note: Diagram is a quasi-isometric (3D) of the driver's side FLCA and t-rod. Imagine your head being at the driver's side headlight and looking aft, down, and inboard.

The FLCA, t-rod, and FLCA bushing axis (the red centerline in the picture) form a right triangle with the 90-degree angle between the FLCA (which runs laterally - side to side of the car) and the FLCA bushing axis (which runs longitudinally - front to back of the car). So, the points where the FLCA and t-rod attach to the chassis are in a straight line (that line is the FLCA bushing axis). But, because the t-rod bushing axis (blue line in the lower left of the picture) is not co-linear with the FLCA bushing axis, you have to add another degree of rotational freedom to the t-rod attachment (flexible bushing or spherical bearing).

"I'd take a pic, but it would make the ladies at better homes and gardens
vomit all over their pretty dresses with the flowers on them."
-- RiCkHeAd, from rimfirecentral.com

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.